How to find us
For Satellite Navigation devices, please use the postcode SN11 9NF.
- Follow signs for the A4 Chippenham & Corsham road.
- Stay on the A4 until you reach Chippenham.
- Continue on the A4, following signs for Chippenham Town Centre and Calne.
- Drive past Chippenham Hospital, down to the Bridge Centre Roundabout and take the fifth exit, signposted for Calne (A4).
- Continue to follow the A4 taking the second exit at the next Roundabout.
- Continue straight on at the next three Roundabouts. At the Pewsham Roundabout, take the second exit, continuing down the A4 where you will pass a car garage and Forest Gate industrial park.
- Continue past and IGNORE signs at a right hand turn for the A342 and Bowood Golf Club, instead along the A4 until you reach Studley crossroads where you will take a right turn (sign posted Bowood House & Gardens).
- Directly in front will be large white gates, drive through here for approximately ¾ mile until you reach the Bowood House & Gardens car park.
From M4 Junction 17:
- Leave the M4 junction 17 and take the exit onto the A350 signposted Chippenham and Poole for approximately 2½ miles.
- Once you reach the Malmesbury Road Roundabout, take the second exit continuing along the A350.
- Carry on for about 1 mile, until you reach the Bumpers Farm Roundabout.
- Take the third exit onto the A350.
- Continue for approximately 1¾ miles, and take the second exit at the Roundabout onto the A4, signposted Chippenham Town Centre and Calne.
- Continue driving down past Chippenham Hospital, down to the Bridge Centre Roundabout and take the fifth exit, signposted for Calne (A4).
- Follow as above
From M4 Junction 16:
- Leave the M4 junction 16 and take the exit onto the A3102 sign posted Wootton Bassett and Calne.
- Continue to follow the A3102 and signs for Wootton Basset and Calne for approximately 12 miles.
- At the end of the Calne ring road, take the third exit off the Roundabout onto the A4 sign posted Chippenham & Bremhill.
- Continue along the road for about 1½ miles until you reach the Studley Crossroads.
- Take a left turn and you will have large white gates in front of you.
- Carry on through the gates for ¾ mile until you reach the Bowood House & Gardens car park.
From M4 Junction 14:
- Leave the M4 junction 14 and take the exit onto the A338, following signposts for Hungerford for approximately 3 miles.
- At the next roundabout take the second exit onto the A4, signposted Hungerford town centre.
- Continue along the A4 for about 24 miles, following signs for Marlborough and then Calne.
- After passing through the village of Calne, continue along the A4 until you reach the Studley Crossroads, signposted for Derry Hill and Devizes.
- Turn left into Derry Hill and straight in front are the large white gates.
- Continue through the white gates for about ¾ mile until you reach the main car park.
From the South:
- If travelling from the south, head for the town of Devizes.
- Head through the town centre following signs for the A342.
- After picking up the A342, continue for approximately 8 miles.
- Turn right at the Derry Hill junction, where you will have the Lansdowne Pub on your left and large golden gates on your right.
- Carry on through the village for about one mile.
- Just past the church turn right through large white gates.
- Continue through the gates for about ¾ mile until you reach Bowood House & Gardens car park.
- There is a regular bus service (55) between Chippenham and Swindon that runs through the Studley Crossroads just outside the main entrance. They run every 20 minutes during the week, with alternate times at weekends.
- The nearest train station is Chippenham, with access by bus to Studley Crossroads just outside the main entrance. Alternatively, taxis are usually available just outside the station.
- There are a variety of cycle tracks leading up to Bowood House & Gardens. We allow bicycles to be left within the car park, entirely at the owner’s risk, however bicycles will not be allowed through the admissions point and into the pleasure grounds.
If using Satellite Navigation to reach the Rhododendron Walks, please input the postcode SN11 9PG.
The Rhododendron Walks are situated on a separate 60-acre woodland located off the A342 between Sandy Lane and Derry Hill.